Translate

Stephanie's Story.....He Loves Me! He Loves Me Not!


Some things don't get old, some feelings never get better, and some roads never change. We are forced to deal with them, thus meaning, we MUST change how we handle them so we can make it. -E. Smith

What is Domestic Violence?

Domestic violence should not happen to anybody. Ever. Period. But it does - and when it does, there is help. Maybe you have lived with abuse, maybe it happened just once; maybe you work or live next to someone who is being abused right now(The Domestic Violence Handbook, n.d.)

The Function of Abuse

Domestic abuse may also be defined by identifying its function that being the domination, punishment, or control of one's partner. Abusers use physical and sexual violence, threats, money, and emotional, psychological, and spiritual abuse to control their partners and get their way. 

Q: Favorite Quotes…

Living life to the fullest and taking it day by day!

Q: Where did this happen?

When we lived together, He would hit me because he had no job and he wanted to make me to feel very small.

Q: What about the children? How are they affected?

It made my kids hate everybody I meet whether they were good or bad for me.

 

Q: How are you dealing with your new life?

I just take life one day at a time and use my faith while praying all the time

Stephanie’s Story……

I was 19 and he was 25 when all this happened never thought that I would have to endure so much pain throughout my life. My life seems to spin around and around as things around us got worse. 
The amount of violent abuse I had suffered from this man who said he loved me and would protect me never came. Those dark days were filled with his hands beating me every day for 2 years. 


The Day That Would Change My World.....

I had entered the door from work this innocent child of mine was screaming! My boyfriend had sat my 2-year-old daughter in the oven and burned all her skin off her leg. I grabbed her and took off running while he was shooting at me, as we had fled to a nearby neighbor's apartment. Soon afterward the strength to leave him was my mission once and for all. It was not too long after me leaving him, my ex-boyfriend killed his next girlfriend. 


Nothing can prepare you for the trauma that  I had dealt with while he beat me for two years........

 While I quietly pick me and my children up from a nightmare of a bad dream we had just encountered. The strength within allows me to move forward to a brand new fresh start on a road of healing and restoration.  

He Loves Me! He Loves Me Not! 

While on our road to a fresh start I found myself in another new relationship. However, this time no Domestic Violence instead I suffer Verbal Abuse by a man yet again who I thought was supposed to love me and uplifted me. He would throw his words around “You’re not pretty” or where is your makeup?  For a long time, I actually thought I wasn't pretty and even fat. No amount of makeup can help a broken woman who is broken on the inside from the hurt, shame, and pain of someone who has made their spirit die on the inside.

 A heart  issue is one of the most painful feelings in life  

I Leave This Message……

I want people to know that I could have lost my life hundreds of times but my faith in God pulled me through and my love for my kids!  I lived behind trauma every day! I never let what had happened to me stopped me; I have thrived much harder to succeed while being a single parent. I have overcome all odds that were against me while striving to be a much stronger woman that will empower those who will listen to my personal testimony.

References:

The Domestic Violence Handbook. (n.d.). Domestic Violence;. Retrieved June 13, 2015, from http://www.domesticviolence.org/

http://www.hiddenhurt.co.uk/types_of_abuse.html